Guest Blogger: Southern California Belle

Monday, January 28



Every now and then I do a feature of a blogger that I really enjoy reading and feel inspired with! In this occasion I asked the gorgeous redhead Ashley from  Southern California Belle to appear here at A girl named Nydia. She was very sweet and happy about  it and I, of course, feel very honored to have this stylish and sweet wife to be at my blog! 



Tell us a little bit about yourself! 

My name is Ashley and when I'm not blogging I'm either working in an operating room, going to see a movie or eating at a new restaurant.  I live with my fiance (will be husband on February 1st) and our two adopted chihuahuas in Los Angeles.  I love to wear anything feminine, especially if I can get it on the cheap!

What inspired you to create your blog? What do you love most about it?
Before I started my own blog I would frequent other fashion blogs. At the time, my boyfriend traveled the world for a living so I was home alone for months at a time! I decided to start my own blog not only to post my outfits, but to connect with the blogging community as well.  It's been almost two years since then and I can't believe how many amazing people I've met because of it!  That's definitely my favorite part about blogging, you meet so many people who have similar interests.

What are your daily blog reads or favorite webpages?
It's funny, I used to read the "big bloggers" pages but I find that the bloggers who live life more like me are more inspirational and relatable.  Midwest MuseOf Corgis & Cocktails, Joyful Outfits, and Room 334 are just a few of my daily reads.  I also contribute to a blog called Flock Together and I love to see how we all wear each other's clothes.

Luck Be A Lady Dress
How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
I would consider my style ultra feminine with lots of bright colors and prints.  It's rare when I leave the house in something other than a dress or a skirt.  I find style inspiration from other bloggers and vintage 50's silhouettes.  I love a great A-line skirt or a fit and flare dress!

Favorite clothing item oat the moment. 
My favorite item in my closet right now is my handmade Penny Pardy dress. She sent it to me right before my birthday and I can't get get enough of it!  I also love the "Luck Be A Lady" dress at Modcloth.  It's made in many colors and prints, it's really hard not to buy every single one!

What song you have on replay constantly?
I don't ever listen to the radio, but my iPhone tells me that I listen to Regina Spektor, Belle and Sebastian and Cat Power a little more than I'd like to admit :).

Can you mention us one of you favorite quotes!?
I can't think of a favorite quote at the moment, but I try to live my life as positive as possible.  Even when I'm having a really bad day, I try to remember all the amazing blessings I have in my life. If you don't leave room for negativity, it probably won't be there!

Most recent book read.
I don't indulge in reading too often (I wish I had time!), but when I do it's probably a yoga or fitness book. My favorite yoga book is Yoga Anatomy, which shows you what muscles you're using and strengthening while doing a specific pose. I'm kind of an anatomoy nerd so it really fascinates me!

I know that you just got engaged recently, tell us a bit of this lucky guy?
My fiance's name is Kevin and he works for a website design company.  When we first started dating he was a tour manager for a pretty big band.  It had him all over the world all the time, so I'm glad he's now working in California!  He's very sweet, a little bit of a clean freak, and super camera shy.  I wish I could feature him on my blog more often!

What do you love most about planning a your wedding? 

That's a hard one!  I've never been the girl to envision my "dream wedding", so planning was kind of difficult for me.  Although my favorite part was finding a dress.I went with my sister who helped me find the perfect one!



Hope all of you visit and follow this fabulous gal.
 And to Ashley congrats on your soon wedding!

xo

Nydia

No Comments