Lace & Pearls: Wedding dress

Sunday, January 6


Like I promised on previous posts, I wanted to take the time and show all of you a few images of the wedding process, in this case of my wedding dress creation.

For me, my gown was the easiest and least stressful thing about the whole wedding. I always had a clear idea of what I wanted: A lace &  backless long sleeve gown in a light cream color. Thank God for Carla (my dress designer) she was sweet, patient and understood my view from day one! She chose all of the fabrics, and I fell in love with every single one of them, all were simply beautiful. The lace (for the upper part of the dress: front, back and arms) was covered with pearls which gave a feminine touch and antique look. I wanted to be able to move and dance with ease so the skirt was flowy and light.  




She also did my headpiece and my capelette that replaced the vail. But, my favorite part of the dress was the little surprise I had for Jayson. I asked Carla do to our initials N & J on one of the arms. It was super cute detail and everyone (specially Jay) loved it!

Makeup and hair done! About to get married!
 
Everything turned out better than I imagined. I can truly say that I had my dream dress !

What do you guys think, let me know!

xo

Nydia

PS: I will show you pics of my shoes, clutch and accessories soon!

No Comments

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

What a special thing to start from scratch in creating your perfect wedding dress, instead of trying to find one and alter it. This dress has YOU written all over it, and it's gorgeous. Love the lace and pearls :)

eliz said...

Wow getting your own dress done...you way...wonderful...beautiful details! :-)

Nydia said...

I'm glad you liked it! The dress creation was truly a great experience!

Jessi said...

Your dress looks gorgeous juat from these detail pics!! wow! And you look gorgeous too :) congrats on getting married!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Dhebby Wheezh said...

Wow! designing an own wedding dress is so dreamy. Best luck for your preparation, I'm so happy for you!! Love the dress and the N&J. Have a good day x

Nelle Creations said...

It looks amazing! I am your newest follower.
Would love if you could check out my latest post as well! www.nellecreations.com
10% your first GLOSSYBOX with code GLOSSY32

Jess said...

I can't believe you made your own wedding dress! It is stunning. You are very talented.

I nominated you for the Liebster Blog award! Check out my blog for the details.

xoxo Jess
Foreign Room

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I think it's amazing that your dress was made from scratch! How personal and beautiful and I really loved the final product :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Catriona @ Precious Impressions said...

I love all the little personal details. The headpiece is so beautiful! Congratulations on your wedding, may your union be forever blessed.

Catriona
xx

Chymere Anais said...

it's going to be soooo beautiful!!!

-Chymere Anais
www.chymereanais.blogspot.com