Six degrees of separation

Friday, April 12


Sometimes us (the Caribbean girls I mean or anyone who lives in  constant hot weather haha =D), find it a little hard to keep outfits visually interesting when the hot rays of sun are present most of the time a year. And we wonder: how do we make a pair of shorts look cute but at the same time fun/unique? I  may say that the key is choosing the right accessories and pieces of clothing/shoes that carry interesting textures/patterns to help us achieve that difference we seek! Here... I show you one of my casual outfits, which I wore yesterday for a nice afternoon at my apartment working and feeling my mind with good music. I styled my acid washed top for an edgy, rock vibe combined with white shorts, my favorite ankle boots from Forever 21, silver necklace and black hat! 

What do you think about this outfit? Let me know!

Happy Friday,

Nydia
__________________________________________________________


A veces se nos hace un poco difícil a las chicas Caribeñas o a quienes viven en un lugar donde el calor es constante, mantener un look visualmente interesante por la calor que nos acompaña la mayoría del año. Y nos preguntamos: ¿cómo hacemos para que un short simple se vea cute y diferente? La clave está en escoger los accesorios adecuados y piezas de ropa/zapatos con texturas y estampados interesantes que nos darán esa diferencia que buscamos! Aquí les muestro uno de mis outfits casuales, los que uso para estar tranquila en el apartamento trabajando y disfrutando de buena música. Me coloqué mi camisa de botones con una terminación destruida por ácido que ha estado en tendencia para esos looks edgy, medios rockeros. Lo combiné con unos cortos blancos, mis botas favoritas al tobillo de Forever 21, un collar plata y mi sombrero negro! Como labial, me coloqué un color vino para mantener ese estilo. 

¿Cómo les parece este outfit? Me dejan saber.

Lindo viernes,

Nydia




No Comments

Sue said...

I love this edgy outfit! love the acid wash

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

So cute! While I don't live in the tropics, it's sunny and warm more days than not. I always find it hard to style interesting pieces in the sweltering heat, considering I usually just want to wear a basic tank and a skirt! I have to admit that I use your blog as inspiration, you always look so perfectly put together and summery!

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

P.S. You should definitely do the blue streak! If you don't like it it's so easy to just dye it back to your natural color. Although I wouldn't change too much about your hair, I think it's perfect just the way it is ♥

Chymere Anais said...

Love the outfit! Perfect for these upcoming summer concerts = ]

-Chymere Anais

chicandclasic http://chicclassic.blogspot.com/ said...

simplemente hermoxa!!

Taylor Hart said...

Oh! I just love this outfit. I do adore chambray.... and the boots and hat paired with the shorts is a perfect combo. I love how it's both edgy yet feminine. Beautiful mix. I love your bloggy and I'm so excited that I found it.
xo
Taylor
nothing but a pigeon